This is an excellent Winter rice dish and very warming to the body.
ARABIAN ALMOND RICE
- 300 Grams Brown Rice (Long Grain)
- 5 ml Vegetable Stock
- 0.5 Medium Red Onion (chopped)
- 5 ml Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Lemon (grated rind)
- 1.25 ml Cinnamon (ground)
- 1.25 ml Gloves (ground)
- 1.25 ml Cardamon (ground)
- 1.25 ml Turmeric (ground)
- 2.5 ml Black Pepper (ground)
- 1000 ml Water
- 125 Grams Almonds (Cut lengthwise)
- 30 ml Raisins (Socked in water until soft)
- Cook Onion in Oil until soft.
- Add spices and cook another 1 minute
- Add water and vegetable stock, bring to the boil.
- Add rice and cook on low heat for 40 minutes.
- Add raisins towards the end of cooking.
- Finally before serving, add almonds and grated lemon rind.
Excellent Winter dish with carrots and courgettes.